What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapy is based on repairing the impairments and limitations of meaningful activities of daily life such as, self-care skills and social interaction.
What is commonly treated in Occupational Therapy?
- Safety Awareness
- ADL care
Why choose The PARC at Joliet for Occupational Therapy?
The ultimate goal of our Occupational Therapists is to help our patients gain and improve their basic motor, cognitive, and emotional abilities to either gain more independence in their day-to-day life or restore confidence and self-worth.
Our Treatment Methods Include:
- Training on Adaptive Techniques and Equipment
- Teaching Energy Conservation Techniques
- Exercises to Improve Upper Body Strength and Fine Motor Control
- Splinting and Positioning Devices
- Recommend Modifications to the Environment to Promote Safety and Independence
- Home Discharge Evaluation and Planning