The therapy of the body in order to exercise, preserve, enhance, or restore movement that has either been impaired or threatened by disease, injury, or disability.
What is Commonly Treated in Physical Therapy?
- Post-surgical recovery including joint replacement/repair
- Paralysis, loss of movement or use of limb
- Recovery from debilitating injury or illness
- Parkinson’s and other degenerative conditions
- Stroke Recovery
Why choose The PARC at Joliet for Physical Therapy?
Our state-of-the-art therapy gym has been specially designed to meet the needs of those who have experienced a major medical event and are looking to recover. The PARC at Joliet believes that advanced therapeutic exercise is an essential part of recovery and will apply treatment methods in order to improve mobility, coordination, balance, and strength.
Our Treatment Methods Include:
- Assistive Devices
- Balance and Gait Training
- Ice And Heat Therapy
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises
- Training on Adaptive Techniques
- Training to use Supportive Devices such as a Walker
- Ultrasound Therapy