What is Speech Therapy?
Speech Therapy is the focus and repair of speech, language, voice, cognition, and swallowing impairments.
What is commonly treated in Speech Therapy?
- Aphasia (impairment of language caused by brain injury)
- Dysphagia (difficulty swallowing)
- Vocal Cord Damage
- Speech and Voice Impairments
- Altered Diets – Mechanical, Pureed, G-Tubes
Why choose The PARC at Joliet for Speech Therapy?
Our specialized Speech Therapists are trained in areas of oral motor skills such as swallowing, cognitive communication and orientation (memory and problem solving), and speech. They are committed to returning you to your highest potential for communicating, as you once did before.
Our treatment methods include:
- Aphasia Treatment Exercises
- Swallowing Therapy
- Dietary Modifications
- Adaptive Communication Techniques
- Oral and Vocal Exercises